[meteorite-list] New Meteorite CD ROM project

From: Bill Hall <meteoritics_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 04:59:18 -0700

Hello List,
                 I'm thinking I would like to include some of your
meteorite stories, and experiences in a book project I'm working on.
The book is about meteorites and meteorite hunting for the beginner.
My Idea is to have a section on meteorite hunters and dealers provided
by list members. There are a few win win scenarios to this Idea: 1st
having a book with input from the list will hopefully prevent it from
the cruel world of harsh reviews. #2 It would surly be a better
compilation with every ones input. #3 whoever gets a page in the book
will surly want to have a copy! Everyone in the book will share it
with friends who will possibly want a copy. You get the Idea. What I
propose is that everyone who wants to be in the book gets 1 page to
use as he or she sees fit. Use it to express anything you like about
meteorites. You may even use it for an add if you wish, promote your
business, or tell us about your 1st meteorite, your 1st find, your 1
st thin section, your trip to Tucson, etc. ANYTHING about meteorites
will do nicely.

The book will be on CD ROM only (at this time at least), as the
content, and all the color photos It will contain would drive the cost
WAY up, therefore you may put pictures on your page as well. I have a
great start on the project already, and have an award winning writer
and editor to help out as well. The CD will be self published, and
marketed, so It will for sure happen. Another Thought, if everyone
were to contribute a fee for their page We could get the project done
way sooner as costs for this will be in the thousands to publish. It
would be good advertising for the dealers....

Just wanted to get some input on this, nothing is written in stone,
except I will be publishing a book on CD ROM in the next year or
so......

                                            please let me know if your
interested, or have any other input,

        Thanks,