[meteorite-list] OT - Paying the Piper at West

From: McCartney Taylor <mccartney_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 13:46:20 -0500

At the hunt in West, I searched the property across from Adair's place. Lori's place.

The owners were getting irritated with hunters after a while, so I tried to sooth nerves and volunteered my services to help a bit of trouble on the property.

On top of being an engineer, cartographer, and magician; I'm also a beekeeper. They had a feral hive in the abandoned camper near the ranch equipment and wanted it gone. Greg Hupe noticed this hive and told a few people.

Anyway, I was back at West yet again last week, as the Last Man Standing out there. The hunt was fruitful, while no Ash Creek was found, a new 225g stone came to light from another fall, but more on that later.

Anyway, to pay the piper for our permission to hunt, I cut out the hive and transplanted it into one of my hive boxes.

For those who care to see me get stung a few times, here's the first video of 3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpbs0go2KAs