[meteorite-list] DOCUMENTED Human strikes - Listeners Correct Auctioneer About Meteorite History

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 20:41:59 -0700

Hi Paul,
        I can think of at least 3 off the top of my head. Of course,
Some people have strange Ideas about what "documented"
means:
1) The obvious: Sylacauga with a photo of the "victime"
Next to a medical Dr.
2) Mbali: a boy was struck in the arm after a small stone passed
Through a banana tree (slowing it down to a "safe" speed)
3) L'Aigle: A coachman was struck(among other things) in this
Thoroughly investigated fall.
        Best wishes, Michael

> ?There were many letters in response to an interview about
the auction of
> the Garza Stone, a meteorite that hit a house
in Park Forest, Ill., in 2003.
> Listeners were quick to point
out that ? contrary to what the organizer of
> this auction
suggested ? there is at least one documented case of a

personbeing hit by a falling rock from outer space.?