[meteorite-list] Man Unearths Meteorite in SW Kansas

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 22:04:00 -0700 (PDT)

I apologize to Mr. Simpson. I was informed that he really does care about the science and is not chasing press for self-promotional purposes. I guess my beef is with the article as it contained several errors and should have been proofed a little better. There was a link providing the history of the find and acknowledging Nininger's contributions. I did not see it in the posting but it appeared when I linked to the article. I should have given Mr. Simpson the benefit of the doubt but listened to many previous negative posts here on the List.

I am still of a treasure hunter's mind when it comes to talking to the press. They always seem to focus on the money and rarely report things correctly. I am sensitive about press because it nearly wiped an avocation I have enjoyed since 1975. Just ask any amateur or professional treasure hunter and they will tell you the same thing.

Best Regards,

Adam