[meteorite-list] Daylight Fireball! Meteor Plane or Space, Debris?

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 13:31:04 EDT

>>Normally I would agree. However this one seemed to be a different color.
The trail seemed darker, or dirtier than the usually pristine white of a
high altitude jetliner. And in the original report stated a witness (the
photographers daughter) stated she had seen what appeared to be pieces
falling away from the object during flight.<<

No matter what the witnesses say, often it's not always totally accurate.
You have to sift thru it some. The clincher for me is that the trail of a
meteor will very rapidly snake all over the place caused by high altitude
winds. No signs of that here at all.
GeoZay

**************The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!