[meteorite-list] Anyone remember this?

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 09:08:00 -0700

Yeah, sort of...

There's a huge difference between book knowledge and common sense. Being
able to find the solution/answer is a measure of human growth. Problem
solving is at the core of intelligence. Not a piece of paper that says
you know something. Anyone with a good memory and the drive to earn a
degree can get one.

I know some pretty damn smart people, some that have no degree at all
who couldn't care less about a degree, or have run multi-million dollar
businesses, or challenged professors on subjects such as theoretical
physics and cosmology.

Following the experts without questioning what's written or "accepted"?
They have a name for that...

Serfs up dude! ;)

Eric

P.S. Not disagreeing just expressing my distaste with those who use
their authority for personal gain, or who can't see past their own
intellectual inferiority. I agree with your statement "...it takes a
person or two with science degrees to voice their off the wall authority
to wrongly direct folks towards erroneous beliefs..."

This is mob mentality... People believe experts and will follow anyone
who seems to know what they are talking about. It's not really about
right or wrong.