[meteorite-list] British and Irish Meteorite Society Website

From: matt <metlist_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 09:40:14 +0100

The British and Irish Meteorite Society (BIMS) is now in its 5th year. It is my
pleasure to announce the brand new BIMS website has been launched, which you can
visit at http://www.bimsociety.org/

Features to check out include:

  - The Gallery, which includes the complete Fernlea archive, courtesy of Rob
Elliott (in excess of 1000 images of over 200 falls/finds).

  - The "About Meteorites" page(s) which may not teach you hardened enthusiasts
very much, but I hope will really help the less meteoritically experienced.

I must thank the following people:

  - Rob Elliott for his generosity in providing the original images and text for
what is sure to be one of the most popular parts of the site, it's an amazing
resource.

  - Mark Crawford for his work on the Fernlea text, proofreading, feedback and
support.

  - Mark Ford (BIMS Chairman) for tolerating my endless emails, providing
society info, feedback and support.

New members are, as always, welcome.

Regards,

Matt.