[meteorite-list] Richland (Fredericksburg)

From: Carl 's <carloselguapo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 12:46:49 -0700

Hello All,

I was one to inquire information about the Fredericksburg. My intent was not to bash Bob Evans or anybody. Just recently I bought a small 4.5g Fredricksburg (sic) from Mare Meteoritics and was wondering why this piece was selling on ebay at such a high price. I wrote to Brian rather than to Bob because I knew Brian from past experiences. I had noted that this piece was selling at near $15 a gram on ebay vs. a dollar a gram Mike Martinez was selling. Brian had mentioned an incident a couple years ago involving this meteorite to which I had gone back to look up.

Whenever I get a new meteorite to add to my collection, I try to find as much info I can about it. Sometimes all the info is just what's in the Meteoritical Society, other times a little more digging is necessary. Believe it or not sometimes some more info can be had by reading what sellers have to say about a piece in their descriptions.

Carl

Brian Cox wrote:

I'm trying to help clear up any questions regarding the Fredericksburg
meteorite that I sold to Bob Evans on February 15, 2009. I've been asked by
several IMCA and list members for this information to determine when Bob
Evans got the meteorite from me...