[meteorite-list] Excessively Large Reward a bad precedent

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 09:48:19 EDT

>>This practice dates back around 20 years . It was started by our fearless
leader Bob Haag. I remember a TV show called
"Missing : Reward", where Bob offered up to a one million dollar reward for
a piece of the Tucson Iron along with it's exact find location. True story he
admits this on page 14 of his 1991 tenth anniversary edition of his Field
Guide of Meteorites. What a nut. I think the key words were "up to". >>

Didn't Nininger do something similar...that is offering a reward of some
kind for meteorites?
GeoZay

**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make dinner for $10 or