[meteorite-list] Insane tactics offering $20,000 per kilo!

From: Carl 's <carloselguapo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:55:04 -0700

Hello Mr. Farmer and others,

Just a few thoughts. I'm new here and never found a meteorite in my life but I can see a $20,000 offer would help narrow where the strewnfield is a lot sooner. Would that be a blessing in disguise? Also, what would happen if this fall was another Ureilite or rare type? I imagine there would be no gentleman's agreement. I'm not talking about meteorite hunters but half the country.

Did anyone see this comment that was left at the bottom of the article:

                        "Posted by ( BobK ) on March 27, 2009 at 3:45 pm

lot of those meteorite hunters are rip off artists where they only pay
cents on the dollar. If you find anything- make sure you listen to a
number of offers before picking the highest one. Better yet- sell it
yourself on Ebay."
Carl