[meteorite-list] Ad: LARGE Nantan slices.

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:55:08 -0700 (PDT)

Helloe everyone,
I am back home again, after a short vacation in Las Vegas with my wife who I have not seen in months!

I just got a shipment of fantastic large Nantan partslices, I am talking multi-kilo slices!
I will be offering these up for sale tomorrow, as it is too late today to get any work done on them. I bought a 300 kilogram piece last year, and had it cut up, keeping a 100 kilo endcut for myself, Robert Ward kept another 100 kilo endcut, and other parts were sold. I finished up with a 30 kilo piece and have a few large slices.
Before you gag on hearing the worn "Nantan" you should reconsider. I once had a 5 kilo endcut and it was perfectly stable. These have been cut for almost a year, and the partslices were cut and finished by Marlin Cilz. The etch is fantastic, one of the better looking irons, full of triolites.
It is also very stable, though proper care is required, they should be fine for places except Germany or Florida! They are very large, and thick cut to allow for re-finishing in the future should they need it.
Photos up tomorrow but if you want one, email me so I can get you a list.

Michael Farmer