[meteorite-list] Odd meteorite.

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:31:40 -0700

Phil, Hmmm.... Yeah, but I'm still not so sure. It is close.

The gray-green or blue crackly crust is very similar but there's not
many high resolution photos of the Sahara 03500 crust. I have an
oriented piece that I think might be of the same material on my site.
Problem is it's oriented so I would have to sand a window or CUT it to
see the interior which I'm not ready to do just yet... hmmmm....

I've added photos of the oriented piece on the odd meteorite page.
http://www.meteoritesusa.com/odd-meteorite.htm

Are these specimens all the same? SPECIMEN #UNWA004 ORIENTED, SPECIMEN
#UNWA001, SPECIMEN #UNWA002, SPECIMEN #UNWA003

I found more photos of the SAHARA 03500:
Nice photos: http://www.meteoritestudies.com/protected_S03500.HTM
More photos: http://www.spacerocksinc.com/November_17.html
Powerpoint presentation - WARNING - must download the ppt file to view:
http://www.caillou-noir.com/image/TassaMahchi_BD_clermont.ppt

Eric