[meteorite-list] Possible Fall in South Carolina/Georgia?

From: teddy applebaum <tiapplebaum_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:14:32 -0400

Hi list,

I was doing a Google search on fireballs and came across a number of
articles on a bolide over the South Carolina / Georgia area on the
20th. On the AMS fireball sightings log there were almost 80 sightings
and most of them had an accompanying boom. One of the articles is
about Ruben Garcia making the trip to see if anything hit. I don't
think anybody mentioned this pretty expansive incident to the list.
Seems strange with so many reports that nobody here is talking about
it!

Links:

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2009/03/21/met_515443.shtml
(article about Ruben)