[meteorite-list] One of the best of the 2008 TC3 articles

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 04:10:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Larry, I was the one that put "dust bunnies" in the discussion mix whilst discussion space weathering color changes to meteoroids.

I was using it generically and did not limit it to particles which were neutral in charge and gravitationaly emplaced. I was thinking in terms that there are particles that are magnetic/polarized/ionized and are buzzing about the asteroid on or near the surface. I am comfortable that TC3 was not likely a major dust collector.

We are in further agreement that the quality of the spectral measurements have yet to be explained/validated publicly. Given "chondridic pallesite" proclaimations by novice but "credentialed" researchers in the past I'd like to know that more than a few novice eyes were looking over the researchers work.

Someone asked earlier about nanodiamond formation re: Carbonaceous Chondrites. I wanted to point out for listeners that Urelites and some CCs already contain nanodiamonds and impact is not necessary for nanodiamond to be found on the terrain.

Elton