[meteorite-list] Silver stuff on the West?

From: John Gwilliam <jkg2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:13:05 -0700

Here's an idea about the "silver" blotches on some of the West
meteorites. Could it be pure nickel? I don't know if it's possible
for metallic particles in meteorites to consist of mostly
nickel. Are all iron/nickel blebs a homogeneous mix of the two
metals? The color of this "silver" blotching looks a lot like matte
nickel plating that is often found on firearms and some plumbing fixtures.

Just a thought.

Best,

John