[meteorite-list] QMIG update

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:36:56 +1000

Listoids

http://www.qmig.org

I'm just about to upload a QMIG update with pictures of the main mass of
Wynella, also pictures of Wynella chondrules and thin sections

Maybe this may assist Jeff identifying his Dirranbandi stones maybe not...

And some pictures of the main mass of Ellerslie

You'll find it all under the long overdue rant on the Dirranbandi/Hamilton
issue

I cannot help but thinking if I did this same thing then I would end up in
court ???

I'm may be wasting my time with the Dirranbandi/Hamilton issue - but I have
to persevere to get some reasonable answers to the questions I have asked
that still remain unanswered

If I cannot get any satisfactory answers with private email I am forced to
go public and if this does not seem to resolve the matter (well not yet
anyway) I will pursue other avenues in a more formal framework

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'll be delighted if an analysis
can be now done - if its paired with Hamilton I will be overjoyed - if
indeed it is a new fiind I will be elated - but I believe this should have
been comprehensively done well before export...

Listoids may not know that there is strong anecdotal evidence of yet another
likely meteorite ready and waiting to be found out Dirranbandi way - what I
call the "Toulby stone" and the number of now known finds plus the likely
new find and other anecdotal evidence of a fireball out there in 1939 or
1940 makes the pairing or unpairing mandatory

Its all about local research and there is plenty still to be found out
Dirranbandi way...

Cheers