[meteorite-list] Dam Hammer

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 20:16:55 +0100

"IMHO, the fault lies not in the use of the term, but the existance of it."

Darren, you hit the nail on the head -
You're a hammer!
Thank you for that.

Next step would be, to dissociate the "hammer"-concept from solely
meteorites and to extend it e.g. on hailstones, lightning strokes, birds,
airplanes, apples & pears, flower pots and roof tiles...and who says, that a
hammer as always to happen vertically?

and a new field of collecting is born. Hammer Collecting...
and then we can leave that kind of discussion to the expert collectors from
there and could later overtake their definitions.

Huh, here in Central-Europe most of the landscape, fields, meadows, forests
are shaped by men.... we have a huge potential of not yet revealed hammers
sitting in our cupboards.

Btw.
Are non-observed falls, so called "finds" also allowed to be called
"hammers" if they're found in the right place?

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----