[meteorite-list] Juancheng Detail

From: Matthias Bärmann <majbaermann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 00:41:35 +0100

Ah, Karl "The Hammer" Martell, right, Martin.

That reminds me of old german God Thor (or Donar), closely related to old
greek Zeus, old roman Jupiter tonans, old celt Taranis, using a stony (sic!)
thunderbolt as a weapon, thrown vehemently via lightning from sky to earth.

All these prominent guys: did they waste their time by throwing just for
fun? Of course not. At least they t r i e d to hit someone or something.
>From time to time, very often after having had a good bottle of honey beer,
they succeeded - voil?, the "hammer" was born.

The bad news for hunters: after having been thrown, the hammer always
returns to the hand of Thor :-(

With regrets,

Matthias