[meteorite-list] Juancheng Detail

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 21:38:42 +0100

Reminds a little bit to the Kunya-Urgench meteorite,
where the main mass was named "Saparmyrat Turkmenbashi"
- Saparmyrat, Leader of the Turkmen -
to "honour" the whack dictator of Turkmenistan,
Saparmyrat Niyazow.

Poor Turkmen, that man was not normal:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saparmurat_Niyazov

Given, that for some collectors the stories and anecdotes around a meteorite
became now more important than the meteorite itself - shouldn't we newly
adjust the price for Kunya from a 3$ at a 50$/g?

(Shht meteorite hunters! Stockpile your toenails after cutting, maybe the
next generation can market them as devotional objects!)

I pay 50 bucks for the first bag of beef jerky made from the Carancas Bull!

:-)
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----