[meteorite-list] Iridium measuring and testing- disgression on dowsing...

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:48:51 -0500

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 20:21:25 +0100, you wrote:

>Yves Rocard was simply saying that each and every human has an infinite
>amount of magnetite ?
>(can't remember) or something alike at both our wrists.
>This amount varies greatly between individuals, resulting in better
>capabilities for some
>to find water sources etc...
>When using a rod, especially hazelnut, an arch is produced with an intensity
>related to the amount
>or depth of the water.

Ah, I see the source of the confusion here. You mean midiclorians, not
magnetite. And Yoda, not Yves. Here's a quote from that paper:

?Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well
you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life
creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings
are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between
you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the
ship.?

>How many people know that Newton (and many other famous scientists) did
>serious alchemical
>studies and writings in "secrecy", to not tarnish their reputation... ?

Very few people know that, given the fact that alchemy WAS the mainstream
science at the time-- there was nothing to hide. Given the scientific knowledge
at the time, searching for the philosopher's stone was no less reasonable or
credible a scientific pursuit than any other (but which, in the end, turned out
to be based on an inaccurate model of the basis of matter.) Chemestry as we
know it hadn't been invented yet. Modern chemestry is what is left of alchemy
after many ideas in alchemy have been disproven (and some proven).