[meteorite-list] Chiemgau--an unsung hammer

From: Dieter Heinlein <dieter-heinlein_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 07:59:09 +0100

Elton and list,

there was NO meteorite impact in the Chiemgau in Southern Germany! This whole
story about a comet impact and a huge strenfield of impact craters is nonsense.

> These appears to be a perfect marriage of amateur and academic cooperation.
This is a good example of VOODOO SCIENCE!!
There is NO hard evidence of impact features. The whole impact scenario, as de-
scribed by this amateur group, is theoretically and pratically IMPOSSIBLE.

There are many, many good reasons why the socalled "Chiemgau impact" is NOT
accepted in the scientific community.

Regards

Dieter Heinlein
European Network of Fireball Photography and Meteorite Recovery
Member of the Meteoritical Society since 1978