[meteorite-list] Iridium (+ Osmium ? + Technetium ?) measuring and testing

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 22:11:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Darren The original post never made it to my mail box. To the original posters questions about metal detectors:

One of the points to be made is that a metal detector only detects free metal not elements. It is a "field test" and searching for specific elements is a "lab test'

 As they say on the American TV Game Show-- Family Feud --"gudanzer"! my I say--"gudlinks".
Elton