[meteorite-list] A Brief History of the Meteorite Mailing List

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 16:41:19 EDT

Hey, I would like to point something out that I just found...the website for
this mailing list. I don't know how I missed it. Anyways check out this
website: _http://www.meteoritecentral.com_ (http://www.meteoritecentral.com)
I was surprised when I read Michael Bloods, "A Brief History of the
Meteorite Mailing List" to discover that it originated in my old stomping grounds in
San Diego's Balboa Park. I've been in both the Planetarium and the Natural
History Museum hundreds of times...especially when my kids were little. I never
knew that the Planetarium sold meteorites...but then again, I left the area
several years ago and when the list was formed, my girls had grown up by then
and I had stopped going there. Just a couple hundred yards down the sidewalk
from the planetarium, I use to show my work at the San Diego Art Institute.
A real neat area...anybody visiting San Diego, Balboa Park is a must stop.
Anyhow, I enjoyed Michaels read...
George Zay