[meteorite-list] Unidentified object from sky destroys car in Cottonwood

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:05:08 -0700

I have a question.
If this is simply something that fell off of an airplane then why is it so unrecognizable?
I would think parts that fall off planes would be easy to recognize. Plus the size of this piece pictured is about the size of a nickel. A nickel weighs more like 5 grams not .07 grams. It seems to me this must be from space? No? And if it is from space , why isn't it smooth?
Carl Esparza
IMCa 5829