[meteorite-list] Doppler radar signature from bolides

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 06:49:23 -0700 (PDT)

For various reasons including meteorite speed and cross section, plus radar scan patterns/rates, back scatter noise filtering software,etc. I don't believe the meteorite/meteoroid-proper is detected via doppler echos. Rather the train/cloud of silicate and iron oxide "fog" expanding to reach thermo-equilibrum in the cold atmosphere that mimics precipitation signatures.

Elton