[meteorite-list] AD: METEORITE and VOYAGE! Magazines -- OUT OF PRINT ISSUES

From: Mal Bishop <magbish3_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 19:00:40 -0400

I was going through some stuff and found 18 meteorite related
magazines I had stashed away and basically
forgot about -- 3 issues of VOYAGE! magazine which were published by
John Walters and staffed by
Michael Blood, Fred Hall, Hal Povenmire, and Ken Regelman, and 15
issues of METEORITE magazine
of which 5 are still in their shipping bags unopened. Also, one of
the VOYAGE! magazines is still in its
mailing envelope and also has never been opened. The remaining 13
issues are in almost PRISTINE condition --
I mean no marks, no tears, no bends, no "dog-eared" corners -- as
nearly perfect as the day they were printed and mailed out!
All are in exceptional condition except for the issue of
Meteorite! Feb. 1999, Vol. 5, No. 1 which has a very slight (and
hardly noticeable)
water stain at the very bottom on a few of the pages. It also has a
few indentation marks on the front cover and a small ink mark or two
on the front cover as
well However, other than a couple of superficial flaws as I
mentioned, it is like brand new otherwise. You'll have to trust me
on this. I think everyone who has dealt with me in the past knows
I'm as good as my word, and you can trust me when I say these magazines
are exquisite!

For those that are relatively new to the list, you can go to the
Meteorite mag's website: http://meteoritemag.uark.edu/515.htm to
look at the descriptions of the back issues
I have listed here. If you wish for me to send scanned images of the
ones I am personally offering, I'll do so, but it will take a little
time to get back.

I wish to sell all 18 magazines to someone and get this over with ( I
don't want to go through what I did a few weeks ago when I was
selling some of my rocks. I inadvertently ticked off a couple of
people, and visa-a-versa) so I'll try and make this tempting to
someone. I've seen these OUT OF PRINT issues go anywhere
from $25 per issue to over $40 or more on eBay and elsewhere. I'll
let all 18 issues go for $300 plus priority mailing ( which will be
in a flat rate priority mail box and be $10.35 -- plus delivery
confirmation for another $0.65 -- in the US of A). The cost per
issue for all 18 is like $16.66 if all are purchased at once by
someone like this. I'd like to sell them all to the first hard offer
of $300, but if no one wants them all for $300 then I'll sell them
for $20 per issue. I'll hold out for a while to give someone a
chance to purchase all 18 before breaking it down to individual
issues. Come on, someone give me $300 and then take them, mark them
up, and sell them on eBay or whatever, and make a profit if you don't
want to keep them for yourself! :-)

The issues are as follows:

Meteorite! Feb. 1999, Vol. 5, No. 1

Meteorite! May 1999, Vol. 5, No. 2

Meteorite! Aug. 1999, Vol. 5, No. 3

Meteorite! Nov. 1999, Vol. 5, No. 4

Meteorite! Feb. 2000, Vol. 6, No. 1

Meteorite! May 2000, Vol. 6, No. 2

Meteorite! Aug. 2000, Vol. 6, No. 3

Meteorite! Nov. 2000, Vol. 6, No. 4 (still in plastic mailing bag)

Meteorite! Feb. 2001, Vol. 7, No. 1

Meteorite! Feb. 2002, Vol. 8, No. 1

Meteorite! May 2002, Vol. 8, No. 2

Meteorite! Aug. 2002, Vol. 8, No. 3 (still in plastic mailing bag)

Meteorite! Nov. 2002, Vol. 8, No. 4 (still in plastic mailing bag)

Meteorite! Feb. 2003, Vol. 9, No. 1 (still in plastic mailing bag)

Meteorite! May 2003, Vol. 9, No. 2 (still in plastic mailing bag)

Voyage! November - December 2000, Vol. 4, No. 3

Voyage! March - April 2001, Vol. 4, No. 5 (still in plastic mailing bag)

Voyage! July - August 2001, Vol. 5, No. 1

Thanks for your time,
Mal