[meteorite-list] Berduc information and questions

From: Dieter Heinlein <dieter-heinlein_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:29:49 +0100

Hello Greg,

you are asking for testing information on the Colonia Berduc fall:

Well, a good way to prove the authenticity of fresh meteorite material
(at least concerning the date of the fall) is the measuring of short-lived
radio nuclides. This was done in the case of Colonia Berduc with three
specimens (already 3 months after the fall): the results indicate clearly,
that the tested material touched the Earth at or around April 6, 2008
+/- one week or two).

Can anyone provide information about the direction of the fireball??
These data are of special interest in comparison with other meteorites
that fell around this date of the year: Pribram on April 7, 1959 and
Neuschwanstein on April 6, 2002.

Regards

Dieter