[meteorite-list] More nonsense from Mars Nuts

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 18:42:05 -0800 (PST)

Hi Dirk, all -

What the hell is wrong with these Mars Nuts? The Back Contamination hazard never seems to penetrate their fantasies.

Here's an idea: As its going to take many years of effort to clear the Back Contamination hurdle, why don't we build CAPS in the meantime?

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas

"The scientists now believe the combined data warrant a manned mission to Mars to retrieve further samples.
"The results indicate very strongly that life was once there and... that life might still be there," Taylor said. "When we say life, we're talking about bacteria, single cell primitive life forms, like we have here on Earth."
"It'd be underground, we'd have to drill down, so these little rovers that are crawling all over the surface would never find it."
Two US-backed rovers are now exploring the red plant and transmitting unprecedented images of the barren landscape, but may achieve little else.