[meteorite-list] Sellers, would you like to keep more of your money?

From: LITIG8NSHARK at aol.com <LITIG8NSHARK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 00:34:41 EDT

Good evening Folks,

In theory this method to "beat the system" makes a lot of sense.

One caveat, however. It is against PayPal policy, as of June 3, and they
threaten to sanction you if they catch you. You can presume that they will
probably have some software running that will flag accounts with a
significant changeover from commercial payments to personal ones.

Here is their position on the idea:
""Beginning June 3, 2009 PayPal user agreement is being amended as follows:
1. Section 4.2 of the user agreement will read as follows:
?4.2 Receiving Payments for Commercial Transactions and Personal
Transactions.
a. Fees depend on whether you are making a commercial transaction or a
personal transaction. A commercial transaction involves buying and selling
goods or services, and payments received when you send a ?request money? using
PayPal. A personal transaction involves sending money to and receiving
money from friends and family without making a purchase.
b. If you are selling goods or services, you may not ask the buyer to send
you a personal payment for the purchase. If you do so, PayPal may remove
your ability to accept personal payments.?"

Best regards,

Paul Martyn
Savannah

In a message dated 6/27/2009 11:48:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
star_wars_collector at yahoo.com writes:

>From what I have read and understand yes, you are still covered.
I have tested this with a couple payments I have made, all have worked
without the fees.

This is more for off ebay purchases with people that are reputable and you
(or anyone else) has bought from in the past. I know I will be offering a
portion of what I will save to the buyers who use this method. This way,
Its not so one sided and will benifit both parties.
As with any transaction, make sure the person is reliable with this method
or the normal one, but for payments to guys like Greg/Adam Hupe and others
(just as examples)- who you know are honest and reliable, this method
would be good option to use and the seller may offer a portion of the cost is
price reduction like I am going to do. Sure it may just come out to a few
dollars here and there, but over time it adds up.

Greg