[meteorite-list] Stinky Meteorite

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 20:44:45 -0400

Hello Joe, and Members of the, "Cut One Club" (aka, ran into a smelly
meteorite),

As Michael mentioned before, we have run into stones, when cut, smelt just
like that, a fart! We have had our share of "pee stones" and lets not forget
the infamous multi-kilo, "Camel Stone", which had only rusted on one side,
we found out later that this El Hammami stone had been transported by a
camel, with the one side resting against the camels side the entire distance
(didn't stink, but the influence upon the stone was noticeable).

Funny thread! Anyone who has been to Morocco will know what we are saying,
you never know what you will find on these stones!! I remember a batch of
stones one clever Moroccan applied Coca~Cola to some ugly old chondrites in
order to make the "crust" look fresher (wasn't Coke's phrase,
"Freshen-up"...).

Greg