[meteorite-list] Age of Man

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:53:22 -0600

It takes a _lot_ more examples. If humans are millions of years old, I want
to see as rich a fossil record of that as we have for thousands of other
species.

The reference describes a fossil skull, which may or may not be real (there
is no peer review, and the images don't look like a real fossil). The author
doesn't have any obvious qualifications in this area. He claims: "In July
2005, a small Primate skull was discovered in the desert of Tafilalet near
Erfoud ( Morocco ). It was in the sand of a marble quarry where Devonian
fossils were already found. Subsequently, the skull could be around 360
million years old." In other words, this object was not embedded in an
existing matrix, but was simply in sand with old fossils. That is no basis
for dating.

I'd call the mummy reference a hoax. A little mummy that disappeared. They
always disappear, don't they? Kind of like how Bigfoot radiates a mysterious
aura that forces cameras to lose focus. And supposing it's real? Most of the
experts who examined it thought it was a modern infant, not more than a few
hundred years old. Without modern analysis, this purported mummy isn't even
suggestive of anything interesting about human evolution.

If two men say they are Jesus, then you might assume that one must be wrong.
That's a limiting case. But realistically, the odds are very good that both
are wrong.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory