[meteorite-list] More on Mayo Belwa

From: Zelimir.Gabelica at uha.fr <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 08:52:39 +0200

Hi MIchael,

I got my first Mayo Belwa from Bob Haag at the Denver show 1994. It
was a 1.47 g fragment with a polished window and about 30% crust.

I sold it in 2005 when I acquired, as upgrade, a superb 3.91 g full
slice, 40x27x1.5 mm (but no apparent crust around) from Sergey
Vasiliev (I believe in Ensisheim).

The 40x27 mm surface is even more spectacular in color & clast
contrast than Cumberland Falls.

Short description from my collection catalog:
"dominant gray with lots of white clasts, some cracks/holes"...

Unfortunately no pic on hand.

Regards,

Zelimir

Dark Matter <freequarks at gmail.com> a ??crit??: