[meteorite-list] Well okay then

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:31:23 -0700 (PDT)

Marc,
It is just that every newspaper article and every interview usually touches on the fact that collectors get all the material and science is left in the dark.
I am proving the point that commercial and private collectors actually provide the bulk of the material to science. We have likely recovered over 20 stones from this fall, thankfully before any precipitation, so almost all stones (except the bird crap pieces and the dog-slobber stone) are pristine.
I rapidly donated a piece I found to TCU, am working on getting some more into another major museum collecdti