[meteorite-list] New Martian, NWA 5789 Auctions Ending Sunday - AD

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 15:24:58 +0200

Hi Greg,

may we add for the list members some more information.
Dirk Hohmann (thank you) brought just this fine and easy to read article by
Jeffrey Taylor to our attention,
which describes the properties, formation and importance of the Yamato
980459 very well.

http://www.psrd.hawaii.edu/Dec06/Y-980459.html

That could be quite illustrative for the collectors and could help to
understand, why all are so excited about NWA 5789 and that it isn't just
another shergottite.

because there are already some indications, that NWA 5789 with its
similarities to Yamato 980459 could be even more primitive!

Indeed, several institutes showed interest to acquire material,
so at present, we can't foresee yet, whether or how much something will be
later left,
to make it publically available again.

Therefore I'd say, for those, who really want to be sure to get a sample of
this amazing stuff, it is indicated to take advantage from Greg's offer on
ebay.

Best!
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----