[meteorite-list] Ensisheim: last news, last call

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 15:10:06 +0200

Hello List,

The latest news about the 2009 edition of the
Ensisheim show can be found in two flyers (in
English and in French) now included in the two following web sites:

<http://www.ville-ensisheim.fr/>www.ville-ensisheim.fr
    or
http://meteorite.ensisheim.free.fr

If you can't find them, ba patient as it could
still take a couple of hours for their installment.

Should you wish to receive directly the flyer as
attachment, just drop me a mail (specify if you
wish the English or French version).
Also, if you have trouble in clicking these
sites, feel free to ask me directly to send you the final flyer.

Should you have specific questions or
requirements regarding the show organization
(tables, dinner...reservations) and/or its
scientific parts (consignment room...) contact me
by mail (I am also available on phone but on erratic hours)

If you need some general info about the show
side-enjoyments, be aware that right now
Jean-Marie Blosser is out of mail (reason: huge
alien-virus invasion!) so contact me and I'll see
if I can help or I'll forward your requests in the appropriate direction.

For all concerning accommodation, please contact
directly your hotel reception desk (they use to speak quite many languages)

Two important warnings:

1) As every year, I have reserved places and
tables for our former guests who use to attend (almost) every year.
Most of them had confirmed their reservations but
some of them still remain silent!!

Now it is more than time for them to confirm
their wish to reserve their usual place.
In case they can't do it this year, I'd very much
appreciate if they could confirm their
withdrawal, this will greatly facilitate my table re-distribution.
If I don't hear from them by next Monday June 8,
I will reserve me the right to attribute their
usual places to new dealers who are on a waiting list.

2) The Friday dinner-party requires reservation.
If you wish to attend, just send me one name and the number of persons.
Specifying the menu (poultry or game) is optional
but could help the cook to be efficient and smooth in serving promptly.

? - As the latest news, we will have on display
about 10 very famous meteorites from the
meteorite collection of the "National Museums Scotland".
To cite a few:
- Orgueil (19 g fragments in vial, from the old Saeman collection, Paris)
- Strathmore, 1166 g (!). A hammer!
- Weston, 391 g (!)
- Barwell, 65 g
- L'Aigle, 198 g
- Cold Bokkeveld, 66 g
- Zagami, 72 g
- Crumlin, 99 g
and...last but not least,
- Mauritius (!!), 197 g (!) (who had ever seen a fragment ?)

?- The consignment room promises to be very rich
in interesting offers as not less than 15
different persons announced various weird samples
they will bring along (sometimes from very far away) for sale.

To cite one example, we'll have a 30% crusted (!)
357 g Sulagiri (new official name for "Hosur"),
this LL6 that fell in late 2008 in the middle of a village in India.
Parhaps also its 721 g 65% crusted "big brother"!
Competitive wholesale prices announced for these two!
And many, many more.

Welcome all to the 3 days "funny big blast" !
(yes, you read the flyer correctly: this year all starts on Friday!)

Best wishes to all,

Zelimir

Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Universit? de Haute Alsace