[meteorite-list] Yet another video of Pennsylvania 6JUL09 Fireball? YES!

From: Rob Matson <mojave_meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 01:17:31 -0700

Hi Dirk,

This is indeed the Pennsylvania bolide! This is definitely going to help
improve the impact point prediction as the quality of the video is
superb compared to the York Water video.

I wish I had seen this video a few hours ago so that I could start
recomputing the 3D flight vector. Alas I'm exhausted and need to call
it a night. But I'll get to work on it tomorrow.

The reason I know this is the same Pennsylvania bolide is that the
trajectory is very close to agreeing with what my existing 3D solution
looks like when you view it from Pittsburgh. Right down to the location
of Jupiter (the bright object on the right side of the image). And if
I'm not mistaken, epsilon Pegasi is also just barely visible in the
video. (Epsilon Pegasi is not particularly bright in the visible,
but since it's a K2 orange supergiant, it shows up well in CCD images
which are much more red sensitive than human eyes.) I'd really like
to have the source video at full resolution so that I could do a
detailed astrometric solution for the bolide position with time.
Perhaps a second star will even be visible in a full resolution
video.

Thanks to Jupiter and the star, we know exactly which way the
camera was pointed, and the image scale. The question is whether
someone can find out the camera location to reasonable accuracy.

--Rob