[meteorite-list] Display idea for Riker boxes

From: Dan Wray <daniel_wray_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 21:53:51 -0600

Hi Mike,

I like your display and think you have utilized your space well. The
problem you, I and all of us have is what do we do as our collection
increases. The other problem is I display parts of my collection for
astronomy events and once a display case is set up I resist breaking it
down. I now have six cases that mostly occupy space under beds in my home
because there are not that many large flat places to display them. They are
fairly easy to bring out and show to people but are not on display normally.
There are some collectors that put every thing in Riker mounts. For me this
takes up too much space but is does keep the label and specimen together. I
think this might be a good topic for the list. Tell us how you store and or
display your collection. In the past we have seen some collection displays,
let's see some more.

Dan Wray
COMETS