[meteorite-list] Request: Thoughts and Memories of Richard Norton for "Meteorite" Magazine

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 12:48:07 -0700

Dear Friends and Listees:

I would like to remind you that the esteemed editors of "Meteorite"
magazine, Larry and Nancy Lebofksy, are actively seeking some short,
personal reminiscences of the late, great O. Richard Norton for the
November issue. As Richard was an inspiration to many of us -- not to
mention being one of the cornerstone contributors to "Meteorite"
magazine itself -- Larry and Nancy would like to publish a collection
of your thoughts and memories of Richard, rather than a single
conventional obituary.

A personal, funny, or memorable anecdote would be fine, or a few
paragraphs. For something like this to work, we need a good number of
submissions and our editors have only received a handful.

Many of you knew Richard personally, and -- I would venture to guess
-- almost every member of the Meteorite List has been educated,
informed, or delighted by Richard's works at some point. We are short
on time for this, so please think about sending in a contribution as
soon as possible. There may never be a better time to commemorate the
achievements of one of the giants in the world of meteorites.

Please send your submissions to Dr. Larry Lebofsky at: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu

Please be sure to include your full name and contact information with
your submission. Larry and Nancy prefer Word documents as attachments,
but you can also send your submission in the body of an email.

If you have any questions, please contact Larry or myself off-list.

Thank you for your consideration, sincerely,

Geoff N.

"Meteorite" Magazine Advisory Board