[meteorite-list] Martian and Lunar meteorites

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 12:38:01 +0200

Meteorites on Moon are officially called "meteorites".

Find in the search form of the Bulletin database in the field, where you
select the countries: "Moon".
http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php

Official Meteorites on Mars can't exist yet,
because we still have no possibilities to hand in the mandatory deposit
masses at the classifying institutes,
therefore they can't be recognized as official meteorites according the
rules of NomCom.

I'd say.
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----