[meteorite-list] Is this Irelands first meteorite find?

From: JoshuaTreeMuseum <joshuatreemuseum_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 15:48:24 -0400

Michael,
Bovedy is in Northern Ireland, not Ireland, they're different countries.
There are 6 official Fightin' Irish meteorites. (Plus 2 from Northern
Ireland), though one of the 6 is from Ulster. ( What the Unionists call NI).
The first was the observed fall of Pettiswood in 1779. It's an unclassified
stone. (You would think they would have classified it by now!). Then there
are the 3 Munster H5s (probably paired?), the 1865 Dundrum, the 1810
Mooresfort and the big 50 kg one found in 1813 near Limerick. There once was
a meteorite from Munster, it was found by a drunken funster, he said to his
whore, we could look for more, maybe over there in that dumpster? They
lifted the lid a bit, and there in a snit were Farmer and Arnold fighting
over it. (Sorry I couldn't resist.) Then you had the 1844 Killeter (Ulster),
and the latest one found in 1999 near Leighlinbridge.

Phil Luck 'O The Irish Whitmer