[meteorite-list] Worst and least successful meteorite hunter

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2009 22:39:26 UT

Tom wrote: "Two hours of looking for it and it was lost."

:-))

But, the idea is not quite new. Mon, 10 May 1999, John Blennert wrote this
in a personal mail to me: "I would like to extend a personal invitation for you
to hunt Gold Basin. I will loan you a goldmaster metal detector and be your
personal guide...I guarantee you'll find a few meteorites if I have to throw them
at you ? HE HE."

Well, John sent me two beautiful Gold Basin meteorites as a gift and they are
extraordinary pieces with quite a good show of crust. Insiders will know that
it is not easy to find Gold Basin meteorites with a such a good show of crust!
Of course, these meteorites are still in my collection and will stay there for the
rest of my days!

Thanks John,
Thanks List for listening,

Bernd