[meteorite-list] WHO IS THE Worst and least SUCCESSFUL METEORITE HUNTER O...

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 18:33:20 EDT

Hi Michael, I just might have you beat. I spend most of my meteorite
time on the microscopes but I have spent more days hunting than I care to
remember and nothing.

My icing on the cake was when I took my son to Gold Basin and was certain
he would find some thing. I bought a 156 gr. Gold Basin on eBay and placed
it under a bush. We hunted around so as to not make it look obvious of
what I had done and then we worked our way back to the hidden stone. Two
hours of looking for it and it was lost. He was done with that area and
wanted to move on. I kept saying "There has got to be one here, I just know
it!"

Never did find that one!

Tom

In a message dated 7/16/2009 2:16:01 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,