[meteorite-list] WHO IS THE BEST AND MOST SUCCESSFUL METEORITE HUNTER OUT THERE?

From: JoshuaTreeMuseum <joshuatreemuseum_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:51:19 -0400

Isn't this a no brainer? It's Michael Farmer! If you're talking high
profile, non Russian, Japanese, Moroccan, Antarctic, European,etc., Mike is
currently the man to beat at every new fall, with a very few exceptions.
For better or for worse, Mike is the face of modern American meteorite
hunting. I would think this is common knowledge among the uninitiated, non
cognescenti, teeming masses. Steve Arnold is a contender, I think he beat
the pants off Mike at West, but didn't he have a 5 year long drought? Since
the torch has been passed from Bob Haag, I would have to go with the
populous viewpoint that Mike is currently The Man. And it's important to
keep in mind that he's only at mid career with a long way to go, unlike Bob
who's semi-retired. Of course I am probably completely wrong, but am only
trying to answer the question from the viewpoint of non meteorite people.

Couldn't this question be answered objectively simply by ranking the number
of meteorites each of the contenders has had classified? It would be
interesting to see this column of figures.

Phil Whitmer