[meteorite-list] Question For The List ???? WHO IS THE BEST AND MOST SUCCESSFUL METEORITE HUNTER OUT THERE?

From: Erik Fisler <erikfwebb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 19:42:41 -0700

I can tell you why I think Sonny Clary and John Wolf are the most successfull hunters.

John Wolf knows his detector as if he was born with it.
He doesn't miss a meteorite in an area. He grids by eye and
detector until every inch is covered. He is also a nice guy
who sells his finds for penny's on the dollar just to have enough
money to pay for gas and the next months beans to eat.
Also doesn't stick his nose in anyone's business.

Sonny Clary has many finds rare and common under his belt.
He has boxes of ordinary chondrites and many rare pieces
including the only achondrite to be found on this continent.
Sonny keeps to himself but would help anyone. When I went
to vegas for thanksgiving he invited my father and I to his house
and gave me a lot of great advise and even showed us some good
valleys to hunt in.

These two guys are not only successful hunters but they help many
people to become successful hunters unlike some of the selfish jerks
who some might call successful.

It doesn't matter if you find something special if no one wants to hear
you open your smug ass mouth to talk about it.

[Erik]