[meteorite-list] AD, New Meteorite Men Collectible on Ebay Closing on Thu...

From: MeteorHntr at aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:54:25 EDT

Hello Jim,

I am sorry if I didn't make this clear, but let me state it one more time.

I have absolutely no problem with people selling limited edition meteorite
coins or limited edition meteorite tokens or limited edition meteorite
medals. Or limited edition meteorite anythings.

I am all for it.

I think it is a great idea.

I might even see if we can make up some limited edition Meteorite Men
coins. Maybe one for each episode.

I however do have a problem with people that are hypocrites in slamming
something else that is a limited edition that someone else is testing out.

Is there a difference between the prototype line of limited edition
meteorite specimens in a plastic case with a hand numbered ID and limited edition
coins with a number stamped in it by a machine? Sure there is.
Especially if the coin is legal tender and minted by a recognized government whereby
there could be prison terms attached if someone is convicted of
counterfeiting and trafficking in them.

Could I make up ten #4 out of 6 ID cards for the Prototype Colony, OK
CO3.0 Meteorite slab, and sell them under the table, because I am writing the
numbers in by hand? Sure.

Could someone with a non-legal tender tokens have ten #4 out of 420 tokens
made up? Sure.

Could someone with legal tender coins from a real country have ten #4 out
of 420 coins minted...maybe, but probably not as likely due to the
counterfeiting laws.

Could someone have 100 grams of a meteorite that the Meteorite Bulletin
says there is only 75 grams TKW in existence? Sure.

I suppose it comes down to trust.

As for your comment about my attempt to "strake a fatal blow to my arch
nemesis in the meteorite world" I would have to take issue with that comment.
 I am under no delusion that my comments will make any significant impact
in that arena. While he is on record that he sees this a "blood sport" to
justify his "gladiator complex" I am just content at self defense. I have
never said anything on the offense against him, only in defending against
his delusional public comments.

By the way Jim, I appreciate your marketing savvy to sneak in an AD for
your coins, tokens and medals. I hope this thread helps you sell a few more of
 them!

Steve Arnold
of "Meteorite Men"

In a message dated 7/15/2009 2:35:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time,