[meteorite-list] Image of PA/MD bolide passing near M31

From: Kelly Beatty <jkellybeatty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 07:13:59 -0700

folks...

Rob Matson wrote:
> The object track at the top of the image passes very close to the
> 9.3-magnitude Hipparcos star #003223, which was at azimuth 57.0,
> elevation +27.5 at 1:06 am.

Rob is right! the time-of-day reported by the charting program I used is wrong.
the altitude of the streaks is indeed about 27 deg. I haven't checked carefully
yet, but that means the trajectory as seen from Freeland, MD, from was more
toward NE than ENE (Rob: how did you deduce the reverse of that, NE to SW?
seems inconsistent with the York video.)

BTW, I'm a "he." ;-)

clear skies,
Kelly

J. Kelly Beatty