[meteorite-list] "a meteorite slammed into the rocket..... "

From: Michael Groetz <mpg4444_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 22:24:09 -0400

   This sounds a bit far fetched to me.
Mike

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,27574,25766157-2761,00.html

Perth space photographer Ray Palmer displays amazing pictures

EXPLODING rockets, monster comets and a sea of storms are all in a
night's work for Perth deep-space photographer Ray Palmer.

The self-taught cosmotographer, who has dedicated 15 years to
capturing images many moons away, will have his work up in lights this
month in Northbridge.

The highlight of his exhibition at ABD The Gallery in Lake St is a
malfunctioning Russian space rocket caught exploding in orbit.

Mr Palmer had set up his camera-telescope to take a 30-minute shot of
the Southern Cross when a meteorite slammed into the rocket.

``All I could see was these flashing objects like twinkling stars and
it was the fuselage and pieces of this space ship spinning in space,''
he said. ``Looking back, it was the most amazing thing I have ever
seen.''

Mr Palmer's display comes 400 years after Galileo first pointed a
telescope to the stars and on the 40th anniversary of the first moon
landing.

Samples of Mr Palmer's work can also be seen at
http://www.naturespeak.com.au/AstroGallery.htm