[meteorite-list] PA fall media hype [Fr. Ruben Garcia]

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:34:35 -0700

Dear Listees:

Our friend Ruben Garcia asked if I would send this on his behalf as
he's having trouble posting:

Regards,

Geoff N.

**********************

Hi all,

I'm gonna try to respond with a different account and hope it goes
through.

Mike, there is some truth to what you say.. However, there are a few
points that I disagree with.

1. First of all: Who among us hasn't used the media for their own
benefit? We all do it. Sometimes it works out good sometimes not so
good.

2. You mention that your feet are sore from hunting for days. Most of
us that call ourselves "meteorite hunters" have done the same, many
times - Including Steve. He is a great meteorite hunter so it's NOT
just hype.

3. As far as I know there are only two teams actively working this
fall. Mine and His and I don't know of any backstabbing - but I may be
a little slow. Please inform me.

4. Yes, to some on this forum "meteorite men" is getting old - but to
the masses it is NEW and Exciting! So who can blame him for using it?

5. You, of all people should know just because it's not in the paper
doesn't mean we are not working on it.
My Team consists of 9 people - some are meteorite hunters - some are
locals, some are scientists and there are 5 team members in PA right
now looking for video, witnesses, etc....

6. You say "In NONE of those articles is there a peep that locals in
that area need to get out and walk the streets, look for black burned
stones, check the lawn, parking lots, parks..... " I personally told
the reporter just that! Unfortunately, i can't make them print it.
Also remember the title of one of Steve's articles is "Meteorite
hunter says: Check security camera tapes " So obviously Steve is
saying the same....

7. We are hard at work! We may find meteorites we may not but If not I
don't think it's because Steve has cameras pointed at him.

8. I've admitted to both and Steve that I am a bit jealous about their
show. Maybe it's because I was signed to a production company a few
months later. But since they beat me to it I WAS Dropped! (and for
other reasons) But had I not been dropped I can assure you that I
would be more interested in what the millions of viewers thought of me
(and my show) more than a few meteorite people.

9. You guys are doing a great job congratulations - JACK IS THE MAN!
I hope you guys find many more. We all applaud you. Continue the good
work!

My 2 cents,

Ruben Garcia
Phoenix, Arizona