[meteorite-list] How far away can a meteor be heard?

From: MeteorHntr at aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 10:56:31 EDT

We have probably 75 reports of the locations of the sonic booms here.

I suppose gathering a few thousand more reports would be handy, but it
would slow down the process of finding the rocks.

Maybe someone else who has the time to process all of them should contact
the media and request sonic boom reports be sent to them.

Steve

In a message dated 7/9/2009 9:50:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time,