[meteorite-list] PLEASE READ - If your emails weren't being replied to - MikeG email issue

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 16:03:48 -0400

Hi Folks!

Please read this.

It was recently brought to my attention that my email account was
bouncing back emails and I was receiving emails that never made it to
my inbox - this has been going on for at least weeks, and possibly
months. Briefly, here is what happened -

The address "mike at galactic-stone.com" is a forwarding account. It
sends all emails to my real personal address which is
"meteoritemike at gmail.com". What I didn't realize was, is that my
hosting account (which handles my email forwarding) was keeping copies
of every email before it forwarded them. Apparently I had an inbox
and a storage limit that I never knew about - so once this inbox
finally filled up (with one gig of emails), it shut down. It quit
forwarding emails to me and I never received any kind of notification
or alert that my inbox was full or that emails were not being
delivered. I have no idea how long this has been going on, but it's
been happening for several weeks at least.

Needless to say, I fixed the problem today and now my email should be
working again - and I will now check my other phantom-inbox at least
once a week.

So, if you tried to email me or respond to one of my sale ads, and I
never replied to you, then I never received your email. I *always*
respond to every email I get from one of my friends and mailing list
members - so if you don't get a reply within 24 hours, something is
wrong.

If you tried to reach me recently, please resend your email. I still
have many specimens available from my last few email offers - because
I wasn't getting the replies. Who knows how many sales I lost because
of this! And I hope I didn't offend anyone or make them mad by not
replying! :(

Thanks for you patience and I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Best regards and clear skies,

MikeG

--
Michael Gilmer (Louisiana, USA)